Thyroid Cancer Therapy: Go High, Go Low, or Go Home
This Online Course reviews thyroid cancer epidemiology, risk stratification, and imaging and therapy guidelines—including indications, challenges, and controversies for both adult and pediatric patients. A practical approach to imaging and therapy in patients with thyroid cancer, participants will complete this course acutely aware of current questions and ongoing debates, as well as available data used to address them.
Earn credit at your own pace through August 2, 2023 and continue to access your videos until August 3, 2030. See below for learning outcomes and a list of speakers and lectures.
This course offers 2.25 CME and SA-CME Credits following completion of an online assessment.
ARRS Member price: $195
ARRS In-Training Member price: $99
Nonmember price: $399
Video content for this Online Course will be available to view until August 3, 2030, which is ten years following the issuance date of this course. ARRS reserves the right to remove video content before the end of the ten year period. Video content that contradicts current science or misleads the viewer based on changes to accepted clinical practice may be removed on a case-by-case basis.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- discuss use of I-131 for treatment of thyroid cancer in pediatric patients
- demonstrate the limitations of guidelines in thyroid cancer, and develop a patient specific method
- discuss the ATA and NCCN guidelines for thyroid cancer
Speakers and Lectures
- Case-Based Approach to the Thyroid Cancer Patient—A. Sheikh
- Epidemiology and Imaging Trends in Thyroid Cancer—E. Akin
- Thyroid Cancer Risk Stratification, Challenges and Controversies—D. Yoo
- Thyroid Cancer in Pediatrics—L. Gordon
View the sample recording below
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education activities for physicians.
The ARRS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
and 2.25 American Board of Radiology
, MOC Part II, Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
View the ARRS Return Policy.