ARRS Global Partner
Spanish Society of Medical Radiology
The Spanish Society of Medical Radiology (SERAM) is a scientific and medical organization, headquartered in Madrid, Spain, dedicated to teaching, development, advocacy and research on all aspects related to diagnostic and therapeutic medical imaging.
ARRS and SERAM leaders renew the long standing global partnership between the societies.
ARRS Representatives Participate in SERAM 2016 Congress
ARRS President, Dr. Mauricio Castillo, received SERAM Honorary Membership. Dr. Castillo and Dr. Roy Riascos presented lectures on neuroradiology during the Congress.
SERAM Membership for ARRS Members
ARRS members may apply for free SERAM International Membership.
SERAM benefits include:
- Free access to educational content (electronic exhibits, e-books) of the SERAM.
- Free access to professional content (proceedings, standards, certifications and consensus documents) of SERAM.
- Free electronic access to Radiología, the journal of SERAM (plus contents alert via e-mail every new number).
- Opportunity to submit to Radiología, the main radiological peer-reviewed journal in Spanish language, with English version of the main articles published.
- Coverage of Article Processing Charges for accepted articles in Radiología.
- Reduced registration fees for educational activities of the SERAM (congresses, courses and workshops).
- Discounts on purchase of publications (journals, books, monographs).
- Reduced registration fees for on-line courses and educational materials of SERAM.
- Free receipt of various communications and newsletters.
SERAM celebrates 100 years!
Featured Journal Publication
Dr. Eduardo Fraile, SERAM President, was made an honorary ARRS member in 2011.
ARRS Honorary Member: Eduardo Fraile, MD
SERAM participated in a Global Exchange Featuring Spain during the ARRS 2011 Annual Meeting. During the exchange, SERAM representatives presented instructional courses and scientific sessions with ARRS faculty. Award winning SERAM electronic exhibits were highlighted during the meeting and Focus Group on Appropriateness of Imaging was held with ARRS and SERAM leaders.
SERAM participated in the ARRS 2012 Annual Meeting in an international panel discussion regarding global perspectives. ARRS representatives presented several sessions at the SERAM 2012 Meeting held in Granada and ARRS award winning electronic exhibits were highlighted during the meeting. Mauricio Castillo, MD, and Melissa Rosado de Christenson, MD, wrote about the experience in the fall 2012 issue of InPractice, "Creating Connections With SERAM".
Presenting Sessions at the SERAM 2012 Meeting in Granada, Spain
Mauricio Castillo, MD
Melissa Rosado de Christenson, MD