ARRS Distinguished Educator Award
The ARRS Distinguished Educator Award recognizes outstanding educators who are dedicated to radiology education.
Sanjeev Bhalla, MD
Washington University School of Medicine
About the Award
The ARRS Distinguished Educator Award is designed to honor educators in the field of radiology with a track record of improving ARRS' educational program by creating and implementing new and innovative educational activities or improving on current activities that:
- Disseminate to radiologists and other health professionals the most current scientific and clinical information on diagnostic imaging, image-guided intervention, and related fields
- Keep the worldwide community of radiologists and other health professionals abreast of state-of-the-art techniques in radiology
- Stimulate critical thinking and reflection in the science and practice of radiology
- Promote research within the radiology community
- Develop and support educators in radiology
The award celebrates inspirational people who are dedicated to providing education that results in improved participants' competence and performance which ultimately leads to improved patient outcomes.
The nominee should have:
- A proven commitment to radiology education and ARRS' educational programs with an attention to the needs and diversity of the various groups who participate in the programs
- Made significant contributions that have resulted in educational programs that benefit the learner, the practice of radiology, and/or ARRS
- Shown educational accomplishments as part of and beyond ARRS' educational program that provide models of excellence
- The ability to identify the most pressing radiology education issues and offer solutions
- An engaging presence that motivates and impacts learners and colleagues involved in the development of programs
- A proficiency in teaching
- ARRS membership in good standing at the time of nomination
A call for nominations and deadline for the 2022 Distinguished Educator Award will be announced in 2021. To nominate an individual, please email the nomination components detailed below to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Nominations are accepted for anyone who is or has played a role in the development and/or implementation of programs and services as outlined in the ARRS educational mission. The awardee will be announced at the following ARRS Annual Meeting.
Nominations should include:
- A cover letter that outlines how the nominee meets the criteria listed above and highlights the nominee's exceptional achievements in radiology education
- A copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae, focusing on education-related activities
- Between 1-3 letters of recommendation
Nominations will be reviewed by the ARRS Executive Council. Any ARRS Annual Meeting evaluations or evaluations from other ARRS-sponsored courses pertaining to the nominee will also be reviewed. One awardee per year will be named based on the criteria noted above. The awardee will receive a certificate, acknowledging his/her long-term commitment to the ARRS' educational mission.