Basic Chest Imaging
Touchstone Online Course
This course covers basic topics in thoracic imaging, a rapidly evolving subspecialty. Course content provides a focused review of basic chest imaging topics, as well as important updates regarding thoracic disease entities and technological advancements. Topics include imaging of airways, imaging of atelectasis, imaging of infections in immunocompromised hosts, current concepts and approach to management of pulmonary nodules, as well as imaging of pulmonary embolism.
Earn credit at your own pace through May 29, 2022 and continue to access your videos until May 30, 2029. See below for learning outcomes and a list of modules and individual lectures.
This course package offers 3.50 CME and SA-CME Credits following completion of an online test.
ARRS Member price: $245
ARRS In-Training Member price: FREE
Nonmember price: $499
Video content for this Online Course will be available to view until May 30, 2029, which is ten years following the issuance date of this course. ARRS reserves the right to remove video content before the end of the ten year period. Video content that contradicts current science or misleads the viewer based on changes to accepted clinical practice may be removed on a case-by-case basis.
Learning Outcomes and Lectures
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize anatomic appearances of atelectasis, differentiate among etiologies, and describe imaging signs
- Discuss imaging appearance and differential diagnosis of infectious and noninfectious causes of airspace disease in immunosuppressed patients
- Discuss key factors in nodule management, management approach focusing on current guidelines, and pitfalls
- Review the spectrum of adenocarcinoma, correlation of CT with pathology, and impact on subsolid nodule management
- Discuss patterns of multiple small nodules, anatomic basis for pattern-based approach, strategies for diagnosis, common causes, and more rare considerations
- Recognize challenges related to pulmonary embolism diagnosis with CT pulmonary angiogram, identify solutions, and evaluate the problem of overdiagnosisReview the imaging of large and small airways, protocols, tracheal and bronchial tumors, and tracheomalacia and bronchiectasis.
- Spectrum of Atelectasis on Chest Radiographs and CT—J. Czum
- Imaging of Infections in Immunocompromised Hosts—R. Madan
- Management of Solid Pulmonary Nodules: Characterization and Update—J. Ko
- Adenocarcinoma and the Subsolid Nodule: Current Concepts—J. Ko
- Nodular Pattern on Chest CT—D. Manos
- Pulmonary Embolism: Beyond Filling Defects—Technique, Pitfalls, Misdiagnosis, and Overdiagnosis—L. Haramati
- Imaging of Airways—M. Hammer
View the sample recording below
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education activities for physicians.
The ARRS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 3.50 American Board of Radiology, MOC Part II, Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
View the ARRS Return Policy.