Lee F. Rogers International Fellowship in Radiology Journalism
2017 Recipient - Bruno Hochhegger MD, PhD
Brazilian College of Radiology
The Rogers Fellowship is an award that provides 1 recipient per year with an opportunity to work closely with AJR editors and staff to learn the fundamentals of medical publishing.
About the Award
Funded by The Roentgen Fund®.
ARRS offers an annual fellowship in radiology journalism. Radiologists practicing outside the U.S. and Canada are eligible for the Rogers Fellowships every year. Applicants must be a member of the ARRS when the application is submitted and for the duration of the fellowship. Rogers Fellowships are announced in December of each year. The fellowships must be completed within a year. The purpose of this award is:
- To stimulate bright, promising radiologists to continue with an academic career, enhance their credentials, and stimulate interest in good radiology journalism.
- To improve the quality of radiology journals by teaching the fundamentals of medical journalism, train manuscript reviewers and future editors, and provide core teachers of medical journalism in radiology departments around the country.
Through hands-on experience, the fellows will be taught the fundamentals of medical writing, manuscript preparation, peer review, manuscript editing, the ethics of scientific journalism, and journal publication and printing in personal tutorials given by the AJR editors and by the editorial and production staff.
The successful candidates will each be awarded a maximum of $12,000 to cover travel and other expenses. The funding will be awarded at the end of the fellowship after the fellow has turned in expense reports and receipts.
Applications for the Rogers Fellowship should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2018 fellowship are due October 9, 2017.
Candidates should submit the following application materials:
- A letter outlining his/her goals during the fellowship
- A copy of his/her curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation from his/her department chair and one other senior person